Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Family Handbook is Complete!

After several long weeks of lists, typing, computer issues, more lists and more computer issues I have finally finished the Handbook!  I made a list of topics that I wanted to address and used outside resources to help me figure out how to configure the handbook.  I utilized the internet, other schools handbooks and general advice from parents as sources.
I am so very thankful for my co-worker Bre Gault for all her help.  She really helped me navigate most of my technological challenges and as a parent of one of my students she also offered to review my handbook when it was complete.  I'm also truly thankful for my director, our business manager and Bre, for reviewing the handbook and offering suggestions on how I could improve.  I have included pictures of their reviews here in my blog.  I will attach the actual link to the handbook on my assignment submission in Canvas.  I took many of their suggestions into consideration and made the necessary changes.  Overall, I felt like the new handbook was widely received with enthusiasm and that many felt that "it was about time" we had a professional handbook for our program.


Learning the ropes....or how to operate a Mac.  I really appreciate my co-workers taking the time to help me see this project to fruition.

Note:  This blog is only being used for this class project at this time.  After the class ends I will switch to content solely for the benefit of the families in my program.

No comments:

Post a Comment